Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dusty Reads #5



Dusty Reads is a meme hosted by Giselle from Xpresso Reads, featuring a book which has been left unread for a quite long time.





Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
At the dawn of the nineteenth century, two very different magicians emerge to change England's history. In the year 1806, with the Napoleonic Wars raging on land and sea, most people believe magic to be long dead in England--until the reclusive Mr Norrell reveals his powers, and becomes a celebrity overnight.

Soon, another practicing magician comes forth: the young, handsome, and daring Jonathan Strange. He becomes Norrell's student, and they join forces in the war against France. But Strange is increasingly drawn to the wildest, most perilous forms of magic, straining his partnership with Norrell, and putting at risk everything else he holds dear. -goodreads

The first time I saw the box set in book store a couple years ago, I just couldn't put my eyes away from it. The box set was too tempting and I ended up buy it without knowing what is the story about nor read the reviews. It's still sit on my shelf, wrapped in plastic, as good as new, just exactly like when I bought it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)