Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Singapore Trip : First Trip

The first time I went to Singapore was at end of May 2010 to visit my boyfriend who worked there. Flight from Surabaya to Singapore takes 2 hours. I remember I got a promo airfare for IDR 1.3 million (about USD 145) 2 ways. I went there alone. During my visit in Singapore, I stayed in my boyfriend's apartment in Potong Pasir.

Singapore is a really well organized and clean country. People are not allowed to drink or eat  in MRT and buses. At first, it was a little hard to understand Singapore's English accent and they use Singlish so often, but in 1 or 2 days I could adapt to it. Chinese people in Singapore usually use Chinese as their daily conversation language. I'm a Chinese but my Chinese is not that good. I had to say, "Sorry, can you speak English please?" quite so many times, because they talked to me in Chinese instantly when they saw me.

Singapore MRT


I reached Singapore at 6.30 pm and headed to apartment to put my belongings. My first destination was Clark Quay. It was only about 8 minutes by MRT from Potong Pasir. Clark Quay is a place where youngsters gathered. There are many cafes and bars there.



There's a goat milk ice cream sold there. The seller is a Turk. He played around the ice cream cone when we buy it. It was fun!


We had dinner at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh. We order the bak kut teh with some side dishes : stir sour vegetables, red bean and youtiao with cold water chesnut drink. They were very delicious! The best Bak Kut Teh I ever had.



After dinner we walked along Clark Quay, Boat Quay and reached Raffles where Merlion statue placed. Merlion statue is Singapore icon and of course it's must to take a picture in front of it. From Merlion statue, we walked along the river to Marina Bay. It was already so late so we decided to go back to apartment to take some rest.

Merlion
Esplanade - Singapore Flyer - MBS
Night view
Helix Bridge & Marina Bay Sands

The next day, we went to Orchard Road. Orchard road is the famous shopping district in Singapore. There are so many malls along the way, ex. Paragon, Ion, Far East, etc. End of May is the start of Singapore big sale. I bought a bag, purse and some clothes with a good deal price. Along Orchard road there are SGD 1 ice cream. You can choose u want to wrapped it with crackers or bread. It was so refreshing.

SGD 1 ice cream
In front of  ION mall

I met my Singaporean friend who just got back from South Korea. She gave me After School CD BANG! and I treated her lunch at a Hongkong food cafe at Ion. Thanks again for the CD! :)



I bought a Spike D (chocolate fudge filled with durian) and cheese cake in Big O which is located in Wheelock Place. The durian chocolate cake was so delicious. I can guarantee people who loves durian will love it. Too bad I forgot to take a picture of it :( In the afternoon we went to Suntec City. There's Fountain of Wealth in front of it.

In day 3, we went to Universal Studio Singapore (USS) which is located in Sentosa Island. I will post about USS in other post later. 4th-6th day we went to Malaysia. I will also post it in another post.

On day 7, we went to Bugis, another shopping place. First we went to Bugis Junction. In basement floor of Bugis Junction, there are a lots of snack stalls. I bought a ddeokboki, bulgogi and fish cake in a Korean snack stall and bought some puff creams in Chewy Junior. The puff creams tasted so yummy. I really really love them. From Bugis Junction, we went to Bugis Street. It's another shopping area but with much cheaper price than Bugis Junction or malls in Orchard Road. I bought many clothes, a boot and a flip flop. I like to shop in Bugis Street much better than other places in Singapore. After lunch we headed to East Coast.
In front of Bugis Street

East Coast is a beach area located in the east of Singapore. It's also known as a sport area. There are many bicycle and roller blade rental along the beach. Some BBQ pits are also available. I rent roller blade for an hour. The last time I rode one was when I was in high school. I really missed it. Nearby the beach, there is a park and a lake. There are some water sports hold on the lake. From East Coast we went to Chinatown to buy some souvenirs for my family and friends.

East Coast

Chinatown
The last day in Singapore, we payed a visit to Chinese Garden. It's a really huge area. The place is so beautiful with so many color flowers, some statues, lakes, Chinese pagodas and buildings in it. It's a really good place to relax. We spent about 3-4 hours there and we headed back to Raffles. I took the last picture with the Merlion, but unfortunately the lamp was off so the statue looked dark. It was already late and we were so tired, so we decided to went back to apartment.

Confusius statue


I went back to Surabaya the next day. It was a really great holiday in Singapore. I knew that I would be back again to this country. I love the foods, I love the shopping areas, I love its' regularity and cleanliness. I just simply love Singapore.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)