Monday, December 12, 2011

Review : If I Stay by Gayle Forman





Title : If I stay
Author : Gayle Forman
Published : 2009 by Dutton Juvenile
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck... 

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make -and the ultimate choice Mia commands. -goodreads

When I read the first chapter, it was kinda boring to me. I made a fast reading in family chit-chatting thing. Right when I was about to give up this book, the accident occurred. From that point onward this book is really wow-ing me.

Some parts made me laugh, some parts made me goosebumps. The point of view about a "ghost" tried to walk through a wall, but she banged in the end really made me laugh. Also when she tried to click her fingers to popped up in Hawaii and failed, that part was also funny. I don't know was it my imagination too over or everybody else feel it funny too.

Parts that made me goosebumps was when Mia was in grave state, the nurse told her Gran to said to her to take all the time she needs, but then make a comeback. I found my eyes were sting a little bit when I read that part. Also when her Gramp cried and told her that it was okay if she wanted to go and the "ghost" Mia felt the burden on her shoulders lifted up and she said thank you to her Gramp. That part was really beautiful. It is hard to let go somebody we love especially when it comes to our family but there's and there will be a time that we don't have another choice but to let them go.

I love love love this book. Gayle Forman really can make readers to position themselves in some characters in this book and into their emotion as well. I couldn't stop reading it. I was too curious to know what happens next to unconscious Mia. I give this book 5 stars.



Indonesia Cover : 
















Published : 2011 by PT Gramedia


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)