Sunday, April 28, 2013

TV Series : Game of Thrones



"Winter is coming"

Based on "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels by George R.R. Martin





THE CAST

Lena Headey as  Cersei Lannister
Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister 
Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark 
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark 
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen 
Kit Harington as Jon Snow 
Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark 
Jack Gleeson as Joffrey Baratheon 
Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy 
Richard Madden as Robb Stark 
Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark


THE STORY

Summers span decades. Winters can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun. It will stretch from the south, where heat breeds plots, lusts and intrigues; to the vast and savage eastern lands; all the way to the frozen north, where an 800-foot wall of ice protects the kingdom from the dark forces that lie beyond. Kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars, lords and honest men...all will play the 'Game of Thrones.'


MY REVIEW

OH . MY . GOD!
AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!!
I'm totally hooked to Game of Thrones. I just knew about it not a long time ago. Seriously, where the hack was I?? About 3 weeks ago I watched the trailers on YouTube and they looked promising. Just so you know, I like medieval setting stories. I gave this series a try and I am very happy that I did. I watched season 1 marathon in one day and watched season 2 every night after work.

The story was not too intense actually, very small dose of adrenalin I can say. I don't know what, but there was something made me couldn't stop watching. Weekdays was the most painful. I watched only 2 episodes per day because I couldn't stay up too late due to early work on the next day. AARRGGHHH!! It was so frustrating!

The story was perfect and it bit me just right. The outfits, the setting even the language are beautiful. There are lots of naked and sex scenes. In Indonesia, this kind of films will be banned so thanks internet for being there for me. Hehe..

Now let's talk about the people. When I watched the first episode of season 1, honestly I was confused by so many personage introduced to the viewers. I took time for me to remember the names and their rules in the film. I was a little confuse when some names were mention because I couldn't remember which one is who and do what @.@ As the story went, I started to remember them one by one and I could follow the story easily.

My favorite is Daenerys Targaryen. She reminded me of the elf in The Lord of The Ring. I really like how her character grew. Almost from nothing to a powerful women and leader, also she has dragons. Cute little ones, but yeah, they will grow. Whatever.. the last time I watched they were still babies. I hate Joffrey Baratheon the most. GOSH! I just felt like I want to punch him or even kill him. However, his character gives more "spice" to the film and rollercoaster emotion to the viewers.

I haven't read the novels yet. There are 5 books in the series. I heard TV series will be 5 seasons in total. 1 season for 1 book. People who enjoy The Lord of The Ring kind of movie or medieval stories will like this series. After I finished season 2, I tried to watch other series that also has medieval or history setting but I found them boring. None of them as good as Game of Thrones. I'm so can't wait to watch season 3 which is still on going right now, but I won't watch it until it finished. I need to watch the whole season at once or I'll be dying of curiosity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)