Wednesday, September 5, 2012

K-Pop : Oppa Gangnam Style



The latest song by Psy, a Korean rapper, called Gangnam Style recently had become viral. Not only in Korea or Asia, it has spread worldwide. The horse dance became very famous.The song was played in radios, TV stations and some events in France, USA, etc. The MV itself featuring many Korean famous public figures, such as Yoo Jae Suk, 4 Minute Hyuna, Noh Hong Chul, Jay Park and it has reached 100+ million viewers in one month.

                   cre : officialpsy @ YT


 Some western artists were tweeting about it


















And more.

Nelly Fortado performed it in her concert live in Manila

                   cre : nellyfortado @ YT

Actually I was amazed that it became a hit. I don’t know what made this song became so viral everywhere because for me, there’s nothing much in this song.. The song is ok., the horse dance is new but that’s all. Nothing so special about it. It didn’t replay in my mind over and over again. It’s my personal opinion, so for all Gangnam Style fans out there, no bashing please.

But still, I give my salut to Psy. He proofs that an Asian singer can succeed outside Asia even without English song.As I remember he took part at the song writing and create the dance move by himself. Good work Psy!


FOR FUN
cre : gagbay.com

1 comments:

mayazoe said...

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
강남퍼블릭

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)