Wednesday, July 10, 2013

TV Series : Chicago Fire




THE MAIN CAST

Jesse Spencer - Matthew Casey
Taylor Kinney - Kelly Severide
Charlie Barnett - Peter Mills
Monica Raymund - Gabriela Dawson
Lauren German - Leslie Shay
Eamonn Walker - Chief Wallace Boden


THE STORY

From renowned, Emmy Award-winning executive producer Dick Wolf ("Law & Order" brand) and creators Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, the writing team behind "3:10 to Yuma," comes the high-octane drama "Chicago Fire," - an edge-of-your-seat view into the lives of everyday heroes committed to one of America's noblest professions. For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death. The pressure to perform on such a high level has a way of taking a personal toll, sometimes putting team members from the Truck and the specially trained Rescue Squad at odds with each other. Despite any differences, this is an extended family, and when it's "go time", everyone inside Firehouse 51 knows no other way than to lay it all on the line for each other -NBC 


MY REVIEW

I love love love love this show. Its been a while since I enjoy watching TV series in marathon. After struggling with some other new series which mostly bored me, finally I found a good one! I watched season 1 marathon and reeeeaally enjoyed it. I couldn't stop watching one episode after another. 

When I watch the pilot episode, it didn't catch me rightaway but I found it interesting enough so I continued to watch. Now I'm so glad that I did because I'm totally hooked! I never watched series about firefighters before and Chicago Fire gave me a fresh story. It has the romance, the adrenalin, the friendship and the funny sides that blend very nicely in the story.

My favourite character is Leslie Shay and Kelly Severide. Funny Shay and easy going Severide, they are just perfect. I like how their friendship grow. How they trust, willing to cover and be there for each other. They have up and down moments like when Severide was thinking to move to Madrid or Shay was about to move out and live with her girlfriend, I was just so happy that they didn't really apart. Sometimes I wished Shay was straight so she and Severide could be a couple but nah... I have to be honest though, the season finale last scene did break my heart. Poor poor Shay :(

In the casts interview, they said that the events were taken from the true story happened in Chicago. I don't care if it's not 100% realistic. This is the work of fiction not documentary. I must confess that I'm totally addicted to Chicago Fire. If you have not watch this series, give it a try. It grows better each episode. The second season will premiere on September 24 so you still have time to catch up with the first season. Hope you like it too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)