Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review : Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday





Title : Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool #1)
Author : Gemma Halliday
Published : October 11th 2011 by HarperTeen 
Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren’t enough, now he’s depending on Hartley to clear his name.

But as much as Hartley wouldn’t mind seeing him squirm, she knows he’s innocent, and she’s the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school’s resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer’s next victim
-goodreads

The funniest serial killer story I had ever read!

It wasn’t what I expected at all. The cover says nothing about this book being funny.

Hartley found out that his boyfriend was cheating on her and she dumped him. Until one day, a dead girl was found in his ex boyfriend’s closet and he became a suspect #1. Hartley agreed to clear his name but not to be back with him. She investigated this case with a help of his best friend and her ex’s neighbor boy.

This novel has it all. As a crime novel, it has its’ own scary scenes that made me goosebump. In the other hand, the main character has sarcasm that made this book had a humor side. I like Hartley’s character. She was smart, loyal, funny and sarcastic.

I literally laughing and goosebump-ing from the start till the end. At one page there was an intense and creepy scene, but then my laugh broke at the next page. I remembered I brought it to office and read it when I was waiting for data to work on. I hardly held back my laughs and often disguised them as coughs when I cracked up.

 And the lump at my temple where Caitlyn had hit me was a lovely shade of baby poop brown now”

Me and mom stuck in a car together for hours on end? About as fun as shoving daggers into my eyes”

Deadly Cool is none like other novels I have ever read. Gemma had made a brilliant book. The characters, sarcasm, scary and funny parts are all in balance. The other plus point was the killer wasn’t easy to guess, even I kept guessing until near the end. If you are looking for an entertaining light reading, this book is a perfect choice. You won’t get bored of it.



My rating : 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
If you like my posts or find them helpful, please click [g +1] button.
Let me know what you think by comment below :)